Monday, March 19, 2012

Charlie's Mother

     If it were somebody else, I think his mother's thoughts about him moving up a grade would have hurt, but because it was Charlie, it was just her thoughts.  It was as significant to him as washing the dishes was.  Charlie's mother only wants the best for him and she recognizes that he is good at English.  Her own ambitions for her son push her to push him, however Charlie does not see the need because his teacher, whom he trusts, told him it would make no difference.  Charlie just listened to what his mother had to say and moved on.  I think this is a special relationship made so by Charlie's personality.  If Charlie were not so detached, then I think his mother would have learned to be more...nice about never accepting her son's accomplishments.  To me, they have a loving relationship strengthened by their personalities (if that does not make any sense, I'll try again another time).

No comments:

Post a Comment